Join us on a Journey for art and train lovers with two host clubs in beautiful Switzerland! Enjoy Switzerland's superb transport system and visit many of the area's amazing art museums. Get the complete Friendship Force experience as you stay with Friendship Force hosts for four nights in Solothurn and three nights in Zürich. From incredible landscape views from your seat on a train to awe-inspiring artwork at some of the area's most treasured museums, this Journey will be a feast for the eyes!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force Clubs of Solothurn and Zürich.
Live With a Local
- Enjoy a warm reception from your hosts in FF Solothurn and the very new FF Zürich.
- We usually plan half-a-day with the whole group of maximum 12 persons and you may choose between two options for the other half day or go off on your own.
- Learn about and travel via the dense rail traffic system of Switzerland that is always on time. You will be using it with your unlimited ticket every day. You have the option of extending this ticket for a week before or after your journey with us for just 100 CHF.
- Our Swiss members will show you wonderful museums, with an emphasis on the classical modern art of the 20th century. Experience all of this together with arts enthusiasts from all over the world and share your thoughts while you travel together through Switzerland by train.
- Visit one art museum per day; or if you'd like, two!
- Visit Kunsthaus Aarau, Kunstmuseum Bern, Stiftung Rosengart Luzern, Kunstmuseum, Zürich and more.
- Sit in comfortable Swiss trains and enjoy the Swiss landscape, looking out of the window seeing different parts of this wonderful country. All internal traveling will be by train.
This Friendship Force Journey was one of my most enjoyable Friendship Force experiences. I was very impressed by the Swiss club. Their preparation was excellent, and we, the ambassadors, felt very welcomed. - US Ambassador, 2017
Art and Trains in Switzerland
8 Days / 7 Nights Program and Itinerary:
October 19, 2018 – October 26, 2018
Coordinator: Regine Born
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Friday, October 19, 2018
Guests arrive at Zurich Airport and meet at noon.
We travel via train to Solothurn.
You will meet your hosts from Friendship Force Solothurn, where you will stay for four nights.
Saturday, October 20, 2018
Morning: We travel to Aarau, Kunsthaus (Exhibit on surrealism).
Afternoon: Visit downtown Solothurn, and, if you like, visit another museum (Kunstmuseum Solothurn).
Welcome party with Friendship Force Solothurn.
Sunday, October 21, 2018
Morning: Travel to Bern, the capital of Switzerland, to visit the Kunstmuseum Bern.
Afternoon: Explore Bern or travel near the mountains or visit a second museum (Klee Zentrum).
Monday, October 22, 2018
Travel to Lucerne and visit the Stiftung Rosengart.
(Depending on the weather, we will either visit Lucerne or make a scenic journey by train.)
Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Journey to the French-speaking part of Switzerland, where we will visit a museum (TBD).
Late afternoon travel to Zurich.
Meet your hosts from the very new Friendship Force club in Zürich where you will stay for three nights.
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
Journey in the Canton Graubünden, a famous tourist area of Switzerland.
Visit Art Museum Chur or Davos (TBD).
Thursday, October 25, 2018
Morning visit to Kunstmuseum Zürich (Delaunay and Collection).
Afternoon – your choice between sightseeing, visiting another museum or spending some time shopping.
Friday, October 26, 2018
Leave Zürich for home.
Your host will bring you to the airport.
$800 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, Swiss Travel Pass for train/museum, welcome party, and additional museum entries that are not included in the pass.
Know before you go
- Journey Number 14269
- You are responsible for planning and paying for your trip to Zürich and back. We meet you in Zürich airport Friday, October 19th noon and bring you back to the airport in Zürich Friday, 26th October, 2018.
- The price of $800 USD includes train and bus tickets for the whole week as well as all museum entrance fees. Expect to spend around 40 Swiss francs a day for lunches and coffees.
- You will be walking a lot in the towns, and quite fast when we have to change trains and buses. You will be standing around in museums. You will be sitting for hours in the train. Therefore, please check your ability to adapt to these conditions.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.