Join us in Mt. Barker in October 2019 as we pedal our way around the city with visits to some of the area's most notable restaurants and wineries! Cycling will be low-key activities on gentle slopes, only a few kilometers at a time, with rest stops, so there is no need for any specialized gear or attire!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Mount Barker & Districts.
Live With a Local
- Hosting with Mount Barker club members
- Cycling and dining with club members and global ambassadors
- Meeting local people at cafes, markets, and wineries
- Learning about South Australia's unique history
- Springtime in the Adelaide Hills
- McLaren Vale & Adelaide Hills wine regions
- Cycle on Mount Barker Linear Trails and Shiraz & Amy Gillett Rail Trails
- Historic Hahndorf
- Koala cuddle available
- Hans Heysen Gallery
The Adelaide Hills are a hot spot for food and wine experiences. - David Adams, Journey Coordinator
Cycling, Dining & Wining in the Adelaide Hills
8 Days / 7 Nights Program and Itinerary:
October 16, 2019 – October 24, 2019
Coordinator: David Adams, FF Mount Barker & Districts
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Oct. 16, 2019
Ambassadors Arrive in Adelaide/Mount Barker
Oct. 17, 2019
Tour of town Linear Trails
Oct. 18, 2019
McLaren Vale trails & Wineries
Oct. 19, 2019
Mount Barker Farmers Market & Wetlands picnic
Oct. 20, 2019
Steam Train trip to South Coast
Possible cycling option
Oct. 21, 2019
Adelaide City – including National Wine Centre
Oct. 22, 2019
Amy Gillett Rail Trail (Woodside)
Adelaide Hills Wineries
Oct. 23, 2019
Oct. 24, 2019
Know before you go
- Journey number 15411
- Though it is currently not planned, tours to Kangaroo Island and/or Flinders Ranges could be investigated.
- Weather may vary, max temp 16°C - 30°C (61°F - 86°) with rain possible some days.
- Easy cycling with walking options for partners if needed.
- No need for specialized clothing or cycle gear.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.