During this Journey, your new Peruvian friends will welcome you into their homes, share the fun of Peru’s largest festival with you, teach you about their daily lives in Trujillo, and introduce you to their family and friends.
Provided by the Friendship Force club of Nor Peru.
Live With a Local
- Experience the International Festival of Spring with its parades, salsa dancers, music, food festivals, and marching bands.
- Go on a nine-night Southern Andes tour, where you will learn about the world of the Inca people while visiting many of their historical sites.
- Moche ruins of Chan Chan
- Ruins of Huaca del Sol y la Luna
- Beachside village of Huanchaco
Peruvians are warm, kindhearted people who shared all they had - we left with warm feelings. - FF Greater Detroit Ambassador
Discover Peru and the International Festival of Spring
18 Days / 17 Nights Program and Itinerary:
September 26, 2017 – October 13, 2017
Coordinator: Vicki Vance
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
September 26 & 27
Travel to Lima, overnight airport hotel.
½ day Lima City Tour & Larco Museum.
September 28 & 29
Guided visit through Trujillo.
Guided visit to la Huaca del Sol y la Luna, lunch at la campiña de Moche.
Visit the pabellón Nacional en la Plaza de Armas, lunch with a show of typical dances.
Guided visit to Chan Chan ruins, visit to balneario de Huanchaco and lunch in Huanchaco/contemporary art museum farewell dinner.
Celebrate the International Festival of Spring by attending the parade to view the floats, dancers, mimes and musicians and enjoy the best of local cuisine.
October 2, 3, & 4
Homestay with FF Nor Peru.
Flights to Cusco.
Sacred Valley, Ollantaytambo, Maras Salt Pools & Moray w/lunch.
October 5 & 6
Machu Picchu, Citadel Tour & Vistadome Train w/lunch.
Free day in Aguas Caliente.
October 8 & 9
Cusco/Puno transfer w/Andahuaylillas & Raqchi w/lunch.
Lake Titicaca, Uros & Taquile Islands w/lunch.
October 10 & 11
Lake Titicaca/Colca transfer w/Sillustani Burial Towers w/lunch.
Colca Canyon Tour w/lunch.
Arequipa, City Tour & Santa Catalina Convent w/lunch, evening flight to Lima for red-eye flights or extended travel on your own.
$3220 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host club fees for six-night homestay, ground transportation, 10 nights hotel (arrival Lima, nine-night tour of Sacred Valley including Machu Picchu, Lake Titicaca, Colca Canyon, several meals, gratuities, and an English-speaking tour guide).
Know before you go
- Trujillo is a city in coastal northwestern Peru and the capital of La Libertad Region. It is the centre of the second most populous city of the country and the second most populous metropolitan area of Peru.
- Turjillo is located on the banks of the Moche River, near its mouth at the Pacific Ocean, in the Moche Valley. This was a site of the great prehistoric Moche and Chimu cultures before the Inca conquest and subsequent expansion.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.