We invite you to feel the hospitality of the "Land of Happiness" with its rich culture and mix of people including African, Portuguese, Spanish, and native Indians. Come taste our original cuisine made with coconut milk and yellow palm oil and enjoy the warm waters of the northeastern part of Brazil.
Provided by the Friendship Force club of Florianopolis and Salvador-Bahia, Brazil.
Live With a LocalFlorianopolis:
- Enjoy a family day where you get to know your hosts.
- Try fresh, local seafood dishes including shrimp, fish, and oysters.
- Find people of many different races living harmoniously together - each one contributing to enrich our culture.
- Sample acarajé, which is made with beans and fried in oil by bahianas (native ladies). It is a local tradition to have it on the streets.
- The way of life, the joy of the inhabitants who enjoy music and dance.
- Go for a city tour in Florianopolis city and then take a tour around the Island.
- Visit to Balneario Camboriu, a major beach resort.
- Enjoy daytime activities including a botanic garden day and two Mariner tours.
- Swim at the exclusive Blue Stamp Beach.
- Enjoy a schooner trip through the islands inside All the Saints Bay.
- Visit the old fishing village of Praia do Forte and Pelourinho, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
A perfect week on the island with the Florianopolis club. Spent relaxing time getting to know each other and making permanent friendships while enjoying the most amazing food. This small club makes up with amazing hospitality. Eager to share their island with new friends. - FF Orlando Ambassador, 2015
Florianopolis and Salvador-Bahia (stopover), Brazil
12 Days / 11 Nights Program and Itinerary:
April 24, 2017 – May 9, 2017
Coordinator: Dale Harmelink, FF Greater Milwaukee
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Day 1: Florianopolis
If ambassadors arrive in the morning, they visit the “Morro da televisão,” where they are able to have a 360° view of the city.
Day 2: Florianopolis
Visit to the historic centre and lunch at a typical restaurant.
Day 3: Florianopolis
City tour around the island.
Day 4: Florianopolis
Host family day.
Day 5: Florianopolis
Visit to Balneário Camboriú’s cable car, lunch at the beach or visit to the “Baía dos Golfinhos.”
Day 6: Florianopolis
Boat ride and lunch at “Costa da Lagoa.”
Day 7: Florianopolis
Farewell. If ambassador leave in the evening, they are able to visit the city´s botanical garden.
Days 8-12: Rio de Janiero
Guided tour of Sugar Loaf Mountain, followed by dinner and a Samba show.
Full day visit to Corcovado Mountain and Christ the Redeemer Statue, botanical gardens, beaches, and museums.
Full-day visit to Petropolis and the Crystal Palace.
Days 13-17: Salvador-Bahia
Schooner trip to the islands inside All Saints Bay to swim on the Blue Stamp Beach.
Time to get to know host club.
$3300 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, four nights of hotel accommodations in Rio de Janiero, flights between cities during the Journey, most activities, and some meals.
Know before you goFlorianopolis:
- The weather in April is usually very nice and warm. Temperature is between 20 to 25 degrees Celsius. Bring comfortable shoes and clothes.
- The weather is nice in May, the temperature is around 28 degrees Celsius. At this time of the year, it is possible to enjoy swimming in the ocean.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.