Build lifelong friendships on this lively Journey to Fortaleza, in the Ceará state of Brazil. Make memories on the beautiful beaches, bond with your hosts over meals, and try to keep up with the Brazilian dancing rhythm!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Fortaleza.
Live With a Local
- Get to know the members of Fortaleza in northeast Brazil, learn about the area, feel the culture, and make new friends!
- Taste the delicious food.
- Practice your rhythm, as you dance our typical local dances.
- Learn new vocabulary in Portuguese.
- Visit the Edisca Ballet Social Project.
- Parque do Cocó - the biggest urban park of Latin America.
- Travel the Ceará River by boat. It is a nice promenade, and looks like a little Pantanal!
- Praia do Futuro Beach - spend a relaxing day enjoying the warm sea water, fresh coconut water and seafood.
- Visit the Praia de Canoa Quebrada and spend one night in a local hotel.
When I think of Fortaleza, I remember smiles, laughter, tears, music, singing and dancing. Relationships seem to be their biggest priority, making the time shared with them a lifelong memory. - FF Greater Orlando Ambassador
7 Days / 6 Nights Program and Itinerary:
August 9, 2018 – August 16, 2018
Coordinator: Lilia Maria Silveira, FF Fortaleza
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
WED. AUGUST 9
Arrive in Fortaleza where you will be greeted at the airport by club members.
Attend a welcome dinner in a local restaurant.
FRI. AUGUST 11
City tour by bus. Tour ends at Mercado Central, a handicraft market.
Enjoy a free evening with your hosts.
SAT. AUGUST 12
Futuro Beach (ambassadors pay for their lunch here).
SUN. AUGUST 13
Tour to Canoa Quebrada and Morro Branco beaches with an overnight stay in Canoa Quebrada.
MON. AUGUST 14
Return from Canoa Quebrada.
TUE. AUGUST 15
Go on a boat tour with sightseeing at the Beira Mar seashore.
Attend a farewell dinner.
WED. AUGUST 16
Departure from Fortaleza.
$465 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, welcome dinner, city tour (lunch included), admission to the Museu da Cachaça (lunch included), tour around the coast (lunch, tour guide, and transportation included).
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.