This Journey to Australia is an excellent opportunity to learn about the culture and geography of the country. There are two homestays: one in beautiful, iconic Sydney, the other in Gold Coast, known for its long sandy beaches, surfing spots, and elaborate system of inland canals and waterways. Staying in the homes of your hosts will allow you the chance to develop cultural understanding through citizen diplomacy.
Home hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Gold Coast and Sydney.
Live With a Local
- Staying with a home host and being entertained by the local Friendship Force club will give you an unparalleled opportunity to live like a local.
- Welcome and farewell parties at Sydney and Gold Coast will provide a special opportunity to experience joyful Australian parties with traditional food, drink, music, and dance.
- Try some of the delicious local seafood restaurants that serve wonderfully fresh seafood dishes.
- Sydney Opera House
- Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Harbour
- Manly and Bondi beaches
- Local animal spots with koalas, kangaroos, cockatoos, emus, lorikeets, and wombats.
We have had good experiences in understanding across the barriers that separate people, especially in Sydney. Our host was excellent and we really enjoyed the warm hosting experience in her home. - 2015 Japanese Ambassador
Gold Coast and Sydney, Australia
14 Days / 13 Nights Program and Itinerary:
March 7, 2018 – March 21, 2018
Coordinator: Louise King, FF Dallas
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Arrive in Gold Coast
Attend a welcome party with your hosts
Surfers Paradise Beach
Tweed Art Gallery – Margaret Olley Exhibition
Lunch in nearby Chillingham
Evening Outback Spectacular
Currumbin Bird Sanctuary
Ambassadors take hosts to meal
Day in Brisbane – FF Brisbane club to make arrangements
Brunch at Wuest’s Mudgeeraba
Free time until farewell
Depart FF Gold Coast
Arrive in Sydney
Attend a meet and greet event with your second host club
Possible bus trip or free day
Jazz at the Pines – open-air jazz music and a picnic lunch
Catch the ferry to Manly Beach for a fish & chips lunch by the beach
Free time and farewell dinner
Ambassadors leave Sydney
$950 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, contingency, and administrative fees. Does NOT include international or domestic airfare.
Wait list only
Know before you go
- The weather will be warm. Sun protection with lightweight cotton clothes are suggested, along with broad-brimmed hats and sunscreen.
- An inexpensive online visa will be necessary to enter the country.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.