Get to know the local club, climate, and culture of Guadeloupe, the French-region of islands in the Caribbean! Your hosts will bring you to some of the area's most beautiful gardens and beaches, treat you to welcome and farewell dinners, and form new friendships with you as warm and welcoming as the tropical climate!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Guadeloupe.
Live With a Local
- Cultural activities with both hosts and ambassadors will be a way to help people get to know each other and create new friendships
- Ambassadors will dance to drum beats and enjoy Creole cooking
- Part of the charm of Guadeloupe is that hardly anybody knows about it. There is not a large international tourist presence. Ambassadors will discover the heartfelt and colorful atmosphere of the island and its French passion for cuisine during our beach parties.
- Botanical garden: A real festival of colour and a celebration of West Indian flora with orchids, bougainvillea, hibiscus, heliconias, and much more
- Swim at the Ravine Chaude thermal pool and enjoy the healing benefits of the spring water
- Visit the Memorial Act, a museum dedicated the slave trade and indigenous history of Guadeloupe
- Visit the laid-back island of Marie Galante and enjoy the picturesque Pointe des Chateaux
The club organized activities to enable us to understand their culture and lifestyle and gave us time to spend with our host to participate in family activities. I would highly recommend this Journey to others! - Previous ambassador
9 Days / 8 Nights Program and Itinerary:
October 19, 2019 – October 27, 2019
Coordinator: Sharon Lavenberg, FF Los Angeles
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Oct. 19, 2019
Oct. 20, 2019
Oct. 21, 2019
Botanical Garden, with lunch
The Wood House / The Cocoa House
Oct. 22, 2019
Memorial ACTe Museum
Lunch at the restaurant “La Belle Chaudière”
Swimming at Ravine Chaude
Oct. 23, 2019
Day with the host family
Oct. 24, 2019
Boat cruise to the island of Marie-Galante
Oct. 25, 2019
Stop at Morne-à-l’Eau Cemetery
Visit to La Pointe des Châteaux
Picnic and lunch at Sainte-Anne Beach
Oct. 26, 2019
Farewell lunch party at Gosier
Oct. 27, 2019
$700 USDPrice Includes: Everything related to the Journey: FFI and host fees, entrances, meals, excursions, and transport as per the program.
Know before you go
- Journey number 15238.
- October 12 to 19 there is an optional pre-Journey stay in Guadeloupe to complement activities during Journey. This extension would include hotel accommodation, meals, visits, excursions with an English-speaking guide, and transportation. Prices and program are currently being negotiated by the Journey Coordinator - full information will be available soon.
- In Guadeloupe, the climate is tropical, hot, and humid all year round. There is a relatively cool and dry season from January to mid-April, called Carême or Lent, and a hot, humid, and rainy season from mid-June to mid-November, called Hivernage. Average temperatures in October are 23-31°C (73-80°F).
- Where is Guadeloupe? Guadeloupe (not to be confused with Guadalupe, Mexico!) is an island, and an overseas region of France. It is formed by two connected islands: Basse-Terre (the western island, where the regional capital of the same name is located) and Grande-Terre, in addition to some smaller islands: Marie-Galante, the small group of Iles des Saintes, and La Désirade.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.