FF Florida Suncoast is offering a unique Journey opportunity to expand efforts of global collaboration and goodwill, through a partnership with Habitat for Humanity - Global Village. Your experience on this Journey will be memorable and rewarding. The Journey begins and ends in Bucharest. Three days will be spent working on a Habitat Global Village site, as part of a Friendship Force team helping to construct decent, affordable housing that will build better lives for families in Romania, one of Europe's poorest countries. The remainder of the days will be spent sightseeing and participating in various cultural events.
Post-Journey extension Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force club of Bucharest.
Live With a Local
- Help build better lives for families in Romania by constructing decent, affordable housing.
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- Worksite farewell celebration
- Cultural activities in Bucharest and Moinesti/Comanesti area
- Bai Park (with healing mineral waters)
- Pine Tree Park
- Ghindaru Hill (where archaeologists discovered artifacts of the pre-Cucuteni culture, over 5,000 years old)
- The Dada Monument
- Cetatuia (Dacian fortified city archaeologically certified)
- The Jewish Cemetery
- Cotroceni Museum
- Casa Poporului
- National Art Museum
- Ceausescu house
Come join this one-of-a-kind Friendship Force Journey planned in collaboration with Habitat for Humanity Global Village, in Moinesti, Romania.
Habitat for Humanity Global Village - Moinesti, Romania with FF Bucharest Day-Hosting Option
12 Days / 11 Nights Program and Itinerary:
August 30, 2019 – September 11, 2019
Coordinator: Chuck & Betty Oldanie
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Aug. 31, 2019
Arrive at Henri Coanda Int Airport, Bucharest
Transfer to hotel in Bucharest
Dinner at local restaurant
Sept. 1, 2019
Breakfast at hotel, check out
Transfer to Comanesti and hotel
Sept. 2 to 4, 2019
Breakfast at hotel
Safety & health orientation
Work on build site with breaks for snacks and lunch
Back to hotel
Time for cultural activities, group reflection, and dinner
Sept. 5, 2019
Work until noon, lunch at site
Farewell celebration at site
Back to hotel
Sept. 6, 2019
Travel back to Bucharest
Dinner & overnight at hotel
Sept. 7, 2019
Breakfast at hotel
Meet FF Bucharest members at the Hotel and have dinner together at a restaurant nearby
Sept. 8, 2019
National Art Museum
Sept. 9, 2019
Visit a monastery
Sept. 10, 2019
Bucharest tour by car or on foot
Sept. 11, 2019
Leave for airport
$1700 USDPrice Includes: FFI fees, housing, all meals, water and snacks while on the build site; local transportation to and from the airport in Bucharest; cultural and sightseeing activities to help you understand the place and the people; medical and evacuation insurance; a U.S. Global Village Volunteer Handbook for Romania; and a donation to Habitat for Humanity. Your airfare to and from Bucharest is not included. Lodging, meals and other costs for the add-on in Bucharest from September 7-11 would be at your own expense.
Know before you go
- Journey number 15479.
- Lodging, meals and other cost for the day-hosting add-on with FF Bucharest from September 7 to 11 would be at your own expense.
- We will be collaborating with Habitat for Humanity in a Global Village experience, constructing a home for citizens living in Moinesti. Florida Suncoast Club is the FIRST Friendship Force club to be involved in this joint venture with Habitat.
- There will be three work days beginning about 8:30 am and ending at 3:00 pm, with lunch and snack breaks.
- The only physical requirements are the ability to lift 15 pounds and be on your feet for two hours at a time. Previous construction experience is not required.
- $100 deposit check payable to Friendship Force Florida Suncoast.
- By April 1, 2019, an additional $500 nonrefundable deposit is required.
- By July 1, 2019, the remaining balance is due.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.