Enjoy dancing, cooking, and exploring local sights on this Journey that features three Friendship Force clubs!
Provided by the Friendship Force club of Hsinchu, Malang, Denpasar.
Live With a Local
- During this period of political mistrust of others, ambassadors will visit and be hosted in Indonesia where the primary religion is Muslim. We will see how much the same we all are.
- Besides the special programs, all ambassadors will stay with Balinese families and experiencing Balinese daily life. Experience a Balinese dancing class, Balinese cooking, and making God offerings (majejahitan and metanding.)
- Kecak and Barong dance performance.
- Meet lecturers and students at Merdeka University, and participate in an interactive session about occupations and life in US/Oregon.
- Malang Regency Tour
- Alun Alun Bunder Circle Square
- Ubud Royal Palace and Traditional Market
- Archeology Museum and ancient temples
- Gunung Kawi Temple
- Bajra Monument
- Puputan Square
- Kuta Beach
- Mengwi Village
- Visit Taman Ayun Royal Temple
Hsinchu, Taiwan (Stopover), and Malang and Denpasar, Indonesia
21 Days / 20 Nights Program and Itinerary:
September 8, 2017 – September 28, 2017
Coordinator: Ted Powell, Oregon's Mid-Willamette Valley
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Sat. Sept. 9
Arrive in Taipei
Sun. Sept. 10, Mon. Sept. 11, Tue. Sept. 12
Wed. Sept. 13
Fly to Surabaya
Get settled in your hotel.
Thurs. Sept. 14
Welcome at Tomo’s residence, Pakis
Malang Traditional Art Performing Gallery
Dance mask performance and painting masks
Fri. Sept. 15
Malang Regency Tour
Malang home industries; embroidery, tofu-soy sauce.
Dinner with Hosts
Sat. Sept. 16
MACYTO Bus ride Malang points of interest
Becak ride around
Alun Alun Bunder Circle Square
Free Afternoon/Dinner with hosts
Sun. Sept. 17
Free day with hosts
Mon. Sept. 18
Travel to Malang
Tues. Sept. 19 / Wed. Sept. 20
Meet lecturers and students at Merdeka University
Interactive sharing about occupation and life in Oregon, USA.
Lunch on campus
Batu tour with visit Batu Secret Zoo
Leave for Surabaya
Thur. Sept. 21
Ubud Royal Palace and Traditional Market
Lunch at Warung Ibu Mangku Nasi Betutu Kedewatan
Archeology Museum and ancient temples: Pura Kebo Edan, Pura Penataran Sasih, and Pura Samuan Tiga
Visit Gunung Kawi Temple, memorial for Udayana-Warmadewa Dynasty
Kecak performance at Batubulan village
Dinner Warung Pencar Padang Galak for Balinese seafood
Fri. Sept. 22
Tea/coffee/cakes live Bali Gamelan by students club Bramara Gita
Welcome dance with a speech by President of FFI Indonesian chapter
Balinese Dancing class by Ms. Putu Setyarini and students
Lunch Bendega Restaurant
Visit Bali Museum and Jagatnatha Temple
Tempo Doeloe Restaurant with traditional Indonesian menu
Sat. Sept. 23
Visit Taman Ayun Royal Temple
Jatiluwih Village – enjoy scenery, Balinese Rice Terraces, and photo opportunities.
Lunch at Billy’s Terrace Café Jatiluwih with mixed Indonesian-Balinese Menu
Depart to Angseri Hot Spring Water and enjoy plunge pool with natural hot spring water
Enjoy coffee/tea break at Warung Bintang Baturiti Dinner at Warung Subak Peguyangan with Balinese menu
Sun. Sept. 24
Enjoy Mount Batur scenery at Penelokan Kintamani
Buffet lunch at Kintamani Restaurant
Mon. Sept. 25
Balinese Cooking Class in a native family house
Family Style Lunch
Visit Pura Goa Lawah
Farewell Dinner at Menega Café Jimbaran
Tues. Sept. 26 / Wed. Sept. 27
Arrive in Hong Kong
Two nights in hotel
Dinner on our own at the Peak
Thurs. Sept. 28
Plan an activity on your own
Depart for home
$1600 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees, special transportation, hotels and admissions. NOT covered: Airfare, gifts, souvenirs, several meals on our own in Hong Kong.
Wait list only
Know before you go
- There's not a lot of free time on this Journey, but ambassadors will have the wonderful opportunity to experience the rich cultures of Taiwan and Indonesia.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.