You will be blown away by this opportunity to experience the great outdoors with two New Zealand clubs, FF South Taranaki and FF Taupo. New Zealand has it all – hiking, biking, white water rafting, canoeing, archery, and golfing – and we'll even throw in some sightseeing at the area's most famous attractions.
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of South Taranaki and Taupo.
Live With a Local
- Hosting will be provided by South Taranaki for six nights and Taupo for five nights
- You will learn about the local geothermal power station
- Included will be a guided tour including a Maori experience at Whakarewarewa
- Hiking on Mount Taranaki - a round trip to Dawson Falls
- Climbing Mount Paritutu followed by a beach walk and boat trip to view the seal colony
- Hiking amid the bush and birds at the Lake Rotokare Scenic Reserve
- Visiting the local possum factory Environment Products and the Tawhiti Museum
- Beach walking from Ohawe to Waihi beaches enjoying the sea life
- Free day additional cost activity options include bungee, skydive, parasail, helicopter or float plane ride, boat ride on the great lake, trout fishing, a second Tongariro Alpine Crossing, or a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails, at own cost
You will be blown away by this opportunity to experience the great outdoors in two of New Zealand’s leading outdoor areas. - Journey Coordinator
Outdoor Adventure: South Taranaki and Taupo, New Zealand
17 Days / 16 Nights Program and Itinerary:
November 4, 2019 – November 20, 2019
Coordinator: Colin Ridge, FF Taupo
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Nov. 4, 2019
Arrive in Auckland and stay one night in a hotel
Nov. 5 to 10, 2019
Travel to South Taranaki visiting the Kiwi House and Glow-worm Caves on the way
Enjoy six nights of home-hosting by South Taranaki Club where activities will include mountain, beach, and river hikes
Nov. 11 to 12, 2019
Travel to The Chateau Tongaririo and stay two nights
Opportunity to do the world famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing
Tramping or sightseeing (own arrangements)
Nov. 13 to 17, 2019
Travel to Taupo doing White Water Rafting and ride bike trail on the way
Spend the next five nights hosted by the Taupo Club where activities include canoeing, biking, hiking, golf putting, and other outdoor activities
Nov. 18 to 19, 2019
Travel to Rotorua and stay two nights in hotel
Sightseeing around Rotorua including Whakarewarewa and Tree Tops Walk
Nov. 20, 2019
Depart for home or elsewhere (own arrangements)
Know before you go
- Journey number 15244.
- A reasonable degree of fitness is required to take part.
- Note that all accommodation is on a twin-share basis and that single supplement would be extra.
- There is no need to pre-book optional activities, but note that any cost involved for these optional activities is not included in the overall fee.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.