Experience the generosity, kindness, and international friendliness of three Australian Friendship Force clubs, each for a week, and then enjoy two days of tours with FF Adelaide and possibly Melbourne.
Home Hosting provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Perth, Murray Bridge, and Mount Gambier.
Live With a LocalPerth:
- Get a taste for the food - Perth has more restaurants per capita than any other city in Australia, so we can guarantee there will be something here to satisfy all your taste buds! Just one of the benefits of multiculturalism.
- Every member is here wants to make sure your visit is fun and enjoyable from the minute you arrive until you reluctantly leave our beautiful shores. Our homes and hearts are open and waiting. Hope to see you soon!
- Possibility of a BBQ at a club member’s home, and the chance to enjoy some of the city’s small industries.
- The first day is usually a "pot luck" meal and get-together so that you can be introduced to not only your hosts, but also most of the members.
- We like to slip in a "free" day, as well as an activity with a couple who are not hosting on this Journey.
- Learn about the most prominent local industries: the rock lobster industry, the timber industry, and dairy farming.
- Relax on the soft white sand with the beautiful blue Indian Ocean to dip your toes in or, for the brave, have a swim.
- Get to know Australia’s native wildlife; feed a kangaroo, cuddle a wombat, or pat a koala... plus see so much more in one of our wonderful wildlife parks.
- Spend a day at Kings Park, our exclusive "bit of the bush in the city" see all of Western Australia’s spectacular native wild flowers in one place. Plus, take the most fantastic pictures of Perth imaginable.
- Ring the bells in The Bell Tower, our iconic monolith which sits on the foreshore of Elizabeth Quay our newest Perth Gem.
- Visit the Perth Mint, where you can watch a gold pour and view the largest gold dollar coin ever, as well as try your luck at lifting a real gold bar.
- Stroll around Hillarys Boat Harbour, one of Perth’s family playgrounds with its own safe family beach, shops, and an eatery to tempt every palate.
- Take a relaxing trip up the swan river to Fremantle and see "how the other half live," viewing the many multi-million dollar homes and boats nestled on the banks of the water. Or catch the ferry to visit our wonderful zoo.
- Enjoy some river activity in the River Murray, a popular attraction of our town.
- We have some lovely wine regions not too far away, if that is up your alley.
- Our area is renowned for its vivid Blue Lake, which should be nice and blue during the time of your visit.
- We also have the World Heritage Naracoorte Caves which is about an hour away. Our tundra is of limestone and very porous and we have many caves and underground ponds.
- The Coonawarra district, renowned for its wines and, in particular, Cabernet Sauvignon, as it has the rich terra rossa soil to grow their grapes.
It was great to travel with members of other FFI clubs. We not only had the opportunity to connect with people in Australia, we met new friends from the USA. - Previous Ambassador from Western Kentucky on Journey to Murray Bridge & Casterton
Perth, Mount Gambier, and Murray Bridge, Australia
26 Days / 25 Nights Program and Itinerary:
November 6, 2017 – December 1, 2017
Coordinator: Steven & Marilyn Ray, Victoria and Vancouver Island
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
Nov. 6 to 13 - Perth
Everyone arrives on own flights, ambassadors meet.
Attend FF Melbourne Cup Day on Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Variety of activities for the rest of week.
Nov. 13 to 16 - Adelaide
Leave Perth 2:30 PM – Arrive Adelaide 7:50 PM (2 hrs. 50 min.)
Daily tours and a dinner with FF Adelaide.
Morning of Thursday, Nov. 16 – private bus to Murray Bridge (2 hrs.)
Nov. 16 to 23 - Murray Bridge
Arrive in morning and meet hosts, variety of activities rest of week.
Thursday Nov. 23 – morning bus to Mount Gambier, travel by way of the ocean with lunch stop in Kingston.
Nov. 23 to 30 - Mount Gambier
Arrive at 3:00 PM at the Visitors Center and meet hosts.
Variety of activities rest of week.
Nov. 30 to Dec. 1 - Great Ocean Road
Travel along scenic Great Ocean Road, bus trip includes tea each morning & motel in Port Campbell.
Dec. 1 to 2 - Melbourne
Stay overnight in Melbourne Downtown Hotel.
Optional – to stay two extra nights and leave on Monday morning.
Optional – Tramcar Restaurant – 4 course meal and ALL bar beverages.
Cost of optional add-ons, including two nights in a hotel, tours, and a four-course meal in the Tramcar Restaurant with bar beverages is $400.
May have FF Melbourne members tour us around (possible stopover).
Know before you goPerth:
- Day temperatures should average around a pleasant 25° C (77° F), the night cools down to a comfortable 20° C (68°F).
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.