This Journey has been set up so members can attend the FFI World Conference in Boulder, Colorado from July 23-27, 2019. To maximize our time together we will be making stops with two host clubs, FF Flathead Valley and FF Cedar Rapids-Iowa City, and two additional stops for sightseeing in Denver, Colorado and Chicago, Illinois. This Journey is a great opportunity for ambassadors who are planning to travel long distances to attend the World Conference and want to extend their experience and make more Friendship Force memories!
Home Hospitality provided by the Friendship Force clubs of Flathead Valley and Cedar Rapids-Iowa City.
Live With a Local
- Home hosting by two clubs, FF Flathead Valley and FF Cedar Rapids-Iowa City
- Opportunity to attend the 2019 FFI World Conference at Boulder where you can meet with friends from around the world
- Spend a week with FF Flathead Valley, taking in the beautiful natural setting, visiting museums, and exploring parks and cultural sites
- Take a couple days to explore Denver, the capitol city of Colorado, known as the "Mile High City." While you're there you may check out Red Rocks Amphitheater, the capitol building, one of the city's many varied museums, or local parks
- The mid-point in the Journey will be attending the Friendship Force International World Conference in Boulder, Colorado. (Ambassadors will need to complete their own registration for the World Conference, which is not included in the cost of this Journey)
- Stay for a week with members of FF Cedar Rapids - Iowa City in the "Bread Basket of the World." Here you may visit one of many museums, learn about the local agricultural lifestyle and cultures that have contributed to the city's history, or just take in the rolling hills and excellent company of your hosts
- End the Journey with a couple days in Chicago, Illinois, situated on the coast of Lake Michigan. Known for the Navy Pier, Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and Cloud Gate, there are plenty of things around the city for us to see and do
Catch up with friends from around the world at the FFI World Conference!
World Conference and USA Clubs
26 Days / 25 Nights Program and Itinerary:
July 13, 2018 – August 7, 2019
Coordinator: Colin Ridge, FF Taupo
All Friendship Force Itineraries are subject to change.
July 13 to 19, 2019 - Flathead Valley, Montana
Our first homestay prior to Conference is with FF Flathead Valley, an area beautifully situated in the northwest corner of Montana, just west of the Rocky Mountains, 65km south of the Canadian border. The area is just full of spectacular scenery, thundering waterfalls, glacial lakes and alpine meadows.
A typical seven-day Journey might include visits to the museums of early settlers and Native Americans, a botanical garden tour, a visit to a bison ranch, a cruise on Flathead Lake, a chairlift ride at a ski resort, an outdoor concert and especially a full day exploring Glacier National Park.
July 20 to 22, 2019 - Denver, Colorado
We move to Denver, the capitol city of Colorado, known as the “Mile High City.”
While there we may check out Red Rocks Amphitheater, the capitol building, one of the city’s many varied museums, or local parks.
July 23 to 27, 2019 - Boulder, Colorado
Our next stop will be in Boulder, Colorado for the FFI World Conference.
The conference will feature workshops, plenary speakers, outdoor activities, and many opportunities to mingle with Friendship Force members from around the world.
July 28 to August 3, 2019 - Cedar Rapids - Iowa City
After the Conference we will be hosted by members of FF Cedar Rapids-Iowa City. We travel to our hosting by overnight Amtrak which is an opportunity to see the countryside.This is a special corner of the world where fields of tall corn dance in the wind and where the land varies from flat to rolling hills covered with trees. They call themselves the “Bread Basket of the World” with rich agricultural tradition and rank first in the nation in corn, soybeans and hog production. But, make no mistake, they offer much more to visiting ambassadors. They have diverse cultures to explore including the Meskwaki Indian Settlement; Kalona, an Amish community; the Amanas, a German communal society and Czech Village, and immigrant workers from Bohemia.
Ambassadors can visit one of many museums such as the Herbert Hoover Presidential Museum, the African-American Museum, the Czech & Slovak Museum, the Cedar Rapids Art Museum and Coe College that showcase the work of artists, Grant Wood and Marvin Cone, the University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics Medical Museum and Museum of Natural History, the Old Capitol Museum, or a day trip to the Mississippi River and Mississippi River Museum.
August 4 to 6, 2019 - Chicago, Illinois
We will end our Journey with a few days in nearby Chicago, Illinois.
Situated on the coast of Lake Michigan, Chicago is known for the Navy Pier, Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and Cloud Gate, so there are plenty of things around the city for us to see and do!
August 7, 2019 - Departure
Ambassadors depart for home
$1950 USDPrice Includes: FFI and host fees for Flathead Valley and Cedar Rapids-Iowa City, air and coach transport, hotel accommodation in Denver and Chicago.
Ambassadors will need to complete their own registration for the World Conference, which is not included in the cost of this Journey.
Know before you go
- Journey number 15382.
- Pack for warm weather.
- Ambassadors will need to make their own registration for the Conference, which can be done on the World Conference site here.
Friendship Force International provides opportunities to explore new countries and cultures from the inside by bringing people together at the personal level. Through the signature program of home hospitality, local hosts welcome international visitors into their culture, sharing with them meals, conversation, and the best sights and experiences of their region.